Purpose of this Section
On December 4, 2015, President Obama signed into law the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act, or “FAST Act”. The FAST Act authorizes $305 billion over fiscal years 2016 through 2020 for the Department’s highway, highway and motor vehicle safety, public transportation, motor carrier safety, hazardous materials safety, rail, and research, technology and statistics programs. Overall, the FAST Act largely maintains current MAP-21 program structures and funding shares between highways and transit. It is a down-payment for building a 21st century transportation system.
The intention of this section of Miami-Dade County’s FY 2017/2021 TIP is to illustrate how the MPO’s priorities are to be funded, by Federal funding category, and by fiscal year. Specifically, this section addresses the requirements for TIP development as cited in Title 23 USC Section 134 (subsections (h)2 and (i) 4).
Contents of this Section
This section contains the project listings by major funding category. Projects are identified by Work Program Item Numbers and show the corresponding project description, type of work and funding for each of the first four (4) years of the TIP.
- This section is presented in order to fulfill federal requirements as noted in Section 134 of Title 23, United States Code (ISTEA).
- Only major categories of federal funds are highlighted in this section.
- Only the first four years of the TIP (FY 2016/2017, 2017/2018, 2018/2019 and 2019/2020) are included in this section.
- The projects shown in this section are consistent with the FDOT District VI Adopted Work Program.
- Federal funds can reasonably be expected to be made available for all projects included in this section.
All information contained in this section is consistent with the adopted TIP attached hereto.